Re: [Glossary] Definition of a portable document (and other things...)

I agree with Olaf, although I would prefer even more "collated",
"collected" or "assembled" rather than  "intended" (which to me implies
consciousness, which we should not... yet/quite... ascribe to a machine
process nor even to an organization). the other terms imply action but not
awareness (curated being worst of all since it implies both conscious
action), unfortunately the other three I suggested are also a bit
inappropriately skeumorphic when applied to distributed digital resources...

Could an entire git repository a document (in the sense we mean for this
activity)? I don't think so. Could a particular snapshot (e.g. current
mainline or a named release) of a git repository be a document... yes, I
think so. It is a specific instantiation of a set of interdependent related
resources. But to me, it wouldn't have to be "curated" nor necessarily even
"intended" to qualify as such.

--Bill

--

Bill McCoy