Re: FW: Proposal: remove aria-describedat from the ARIA 1.1 specification

On Thu, 12 Nov 2015 10:42:47 +0100, Steve Faulkner
<faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10 November 2015 at 16:17, Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net> wrote:
>
>> But, Rich, Details can be used for all kinds of things, including
>> advertising, as Charles points out. We need a way to know that this
>> particular Details is a description, as opposed to some other in the
>> page.
>>

> The aria-roledescription attribute could be used to disambiguate
> http://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria-1.1/#aria-roledescription

Yes.

Except it provides a human-readable description rather than something that
can be used to provide consistent user interface in a browser, and it's a
pretty clunky approach.

I'm not a fan of the proposal.

cheers