Re: welcome to DPUB

Hi,

Thank you for welcoming for our DPUB IG participation.

> Please introduce yourself on our next call, why you are interested in participating in the Digital Publishing Interest Group,  which parts of the charter are of particular interest, your expectations, and where you might be able to contribute.

I'm not so good at speaking English, especially it becomes difficult
on the phone call, so please introduce ourselves here at first.

We developed EPUB3 viewer based on Blink, which is especially
concentrated on vertical writing modes.  (Of course horizontal writing
can be displayed.  Sorry, but currently we prepared only for
Japanese. We'll prepare for English version soon.)  We implemented
ebook abstraction layer for viewer, re-implemented line-breaking in
webcore(for beautiful/correct character layouting).  Through the
deployment of our viewer, we hear some demands for e-book environment
from publishing companies.  For example, dynamic UI composition
mechanism.

In my conuntry, Japan, epub format is widely used for digital
publishing, and publishing companies found lots of demands for current
digital/epub publishing environment. I want to solve them one by one.

Especially, I'm Interested in functionality boundaries(dynamic UI
composition, as I wrote), packaging(zip) problem for streaming,
layout/typesetting for Japanese languages, publishing
workflow(InDesign<->epub), etc.

I feel a bit regrets that I'm not good at English communication, but
I'm looking forward to having communication with this community.

Best,

Hiroshi/skk

--
Sakakibara Hiroshi (skk@bpsinc.jp)