Notes on Web and Service Workers

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2015 14:24:09 +0200
Cc: W3C Digital Publishing IG <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>
To: Tzviya - Hoboken Siegman <tsiegman@wiley.com>, Markus Gylling <markus.gylling@gmail.com>
Tzviya, Markus,

I have spent some time trying to get *some* idea on what Web Workers and Service Workers are. They are spinning my head and I am sure there are many details that I simply did not understand. Nevertheless, I thought it is worthwhile jotting them down separately, because they might affect the whole EPUB-WEB discussion:

https://github.com/w3c/epubweb/wiki/Notes-on-Web-and-Service-Workers

I would be pleased if somebody on the group, who has a better understanding of these, could comment/update the file!

Digital Publishing Activity Lead
ORCID ID: http://orcid.org/0000-0003-0782-2704