Re: Promised pagination ping

On 1/28/15, 1:44 PM, "Brady Duga" <duga@google.com> wrote:

>I said I would send a ping to the group on Monday when I was done editing
>the pagination requirements page. So... same week is doing pretty good in
>my book! I am done with what I can reasonably get to, which can be viewed
>here: https://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Pagination_Requirements

>Please review, forward, etc.

I’m a bit confused by the “Determine exactly where in text a page break
happens” section. I think the motivation sentence at the end should move
to the beginning. But I also don’t quite understand why this is separate
from the section above. Determining how far you’ve read and/or which page
to display for particular content already seems covered by being able to
determine the page(s) for elements. I’m guessing that you’re looking for
finer-grained information - something like “Determine the page(s) that
content inside an element is on” but I’m not entirely sure.

The next section has the phrase “a specific line in the DOM” which isn’t
making sense to me. Should the sentence read “A mechanism for finding the
source content in the DOM that is on a specific line”?

Finally, “being able to select a section of text and save it for later” is
a bit ambiguous. Saving the text for later is not rare - there are all
sorts of snippet-saving mechanisms that work on the web. Saving the
selection within the document (not just the content of the selection) is
what’s rare and needed, I think.

Thanks,

Alan