From: Siegman, Tzviya - Hoboken
Sent: Wednesday, February 11, 2015 9:24 AM
To: Liam R E Quin
Subject: RE: Packaging Review

Thanks, Liam

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something, but I think it is possible to fetch
individual items using the type parameter in the URL?

http://example.org/downloads/spending.pack#rel=describedby;type=application/ld+json
is the example 15 the section on Fragment IDs [1]. This is a URL pointing
the metadata in JSON-LD (as opposed the metadata in Turtle.

In our publications world, might we see something like this to access the
video element:
http://example.org/downloads/bookTitle.pack#rel=describedby;type= video/mp4

I believe if we want to fetch multiple parts in parallel, we use a less
specific URL.

[1] http://w3ctag.github.io/packaging-on-the-web/#fragment-identifiers

Tzviya Siegman
Digital Book Standards & Capabilities Lead
Wiley
201-748-6884
tsiegman@wiley.com