Re: [pwp] Progressive enhancement of digital books

On Dec 3, 2015, at 9:29 AM, Leonard Rosenthol <lrosenth@adobe.com> wrote:

> On 12/3/15, 6:16 AM, "Cramer, Dave" <Dave.Cramer@hbgusa.com> wrote:
>
>> EPUB Zero has proposed using the primary navigation element to determine that sequence, but I'm starting to think that the most flexible approach is to just use HTML link relationships, as that's what they were made for :)
>
> Can you give an example of how you would use link relationships to describe sequence?

The links would be in the individual content files pointing to the previous and next files. For example, c002.html would contain:

<link rel="prev" href="c001.html">
<link rel="next" href="c003.html">

A few browsers (Opera, Firefox) even know what to do with these links. I wonder if there are a11y benefits to this, as some guidelines recommend their use.

Note that I'm not attempting to do things like EPUB3's multiple renditions.

Dave

This may contain confidential material. If you are not an intended recipient, please notify the sender, delete immediately, and understand that no disclosure or reliance on the information herein is permitted. Hachette Book Group may monitor email to and from our network.