RE: follow up on service workers for publishing platform

+1!

From: Heather Flanagan (RFC Series Editor) [mailto:rse@rfc-editor.org]
Sent: Wednesday, December 02, 2015 5:56 AM
To: public-digipub-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: follow up on service workers for publishing platform

      <lrosenth@adobe.com><mailto:lrosenth@adobe.com>

      >> wrote:

      >> At some point, this group should probably start a
      subgroup focused

      >> on various font-related issues as there are a number of
      both

      >> technical and legal issues that come up in the content of

      >> non-packaged publications and their use of fonts.

      > I do not question the fact that there may be issues with
      fonts (I

      > copy Chris explicitly, because he is much more knowledgable
      than I

      > am). However, the question is whether these issues are
      publication

      > specific or general Web issues. If the latter, then I am not
      sure

      > that type of work is in the scope of this IG…

      > Can you be more specific what you have in mind to be able to
      decide

      > this?

If nothing else, I think it would be useful to make sure there is awareness as we offer specifications and best practices around offline material that font licensing is something to be aware of.

- -Heather