Re: [Moderator Action] Active lobbying: Math

Regarding Paul's point about stakeholder-issued public statement in support
of MathML:
- BISG's Accessible Publishing Working Group is addressing the use of
MathML as a "top tip" in the Quick Start Guide to Accessibility (currently
in progress); we may also include MathML as a discussion topic at an
Accessibility Summit in the spring- more on that will be finalized near the
beginning of 2016.
- George Kerscher's Baseline Requirements document will serve as a useful
tool for gaining industry consensus in support of accessibility best
practices, including MathML. I believe George and others at DAISY are
currently planning for where this document and initiative will live.

Thanks,
Julie

--

*Julie Morris*

Project Manager: Standards & Best Practices

Book Industry Study Group | BISG.org <http://www.bisg.org/>

Tel: 646-336-7141 Ext 14

Email: julie@bisg.org