W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-digipub-ig@w3.org > August 2015

Meeting minutes 2015-08-24

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 18:04:13 +0200
Message-Id: <1AAA704E-0073-421F-90F0-0ABA48651276@w3.org>
To: W3C Digital Publishing IG <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>
Meeting minutes are here:

http://www.w3.org/2015/08/24-dpub-minutes.html

Text version are below for your convenience

Ivan

----
Ivan Herman, W3C
Digital Publishing Activity Lead
Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/
mobile: +31-641044153
ORCID ID: http://orcid.org/0000-0003-0782-2704



   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

            Digital Publishing Interest Group Teleconference

24 Aug 2015

   [2]Agenda

      [2] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-digipub-ig/2015Aug/0077.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2015/08/24-dpub-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Markus Gylling, Tzviya Siegman, Ivan Herman, Julie
          Morris, Brady Duga, Leonard Rosenthol, Karen Myers,
          Deborah Kaplan, Nick Ruffilo, Peter Krautzberger,
          Heather Flanagan, Tim Cole, Bill Kasdorf, Charles
          LaPierre, Ben De Meester, Paul Belfanti

   Regrets
   Chair
          Tzviya

   Scribe
          TimCole

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Minutes
         2. [6]Update on Accessibility
         3. [7]Document about publishing requirements for
            packaging
         4. [8]TPAC Preparation
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 24 August 2015

   <tzviya> agenda:
   [10]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-digipub-ig/2015
   Aug/0121.html

     [10] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-digipub-ig/2015Aug/0121.html

   <ivan> scribenick: TimCole

   <ivan> Chair: Tzviya

   <tzviya> [11]http://www.w3.org/2015/08/17-dpub-minutes.html

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2015/08/17-dpub-minutes.html

Minutes

   <HeatherF> ship 'em!

   Minutes Approved.

Update on Accessibility

   <clapierre> [12]http://w3c.github.io/dpub-accessibility/

     [12] http://w3c.github.io/dpub-accessibility/

   clapierre: progress on note ongoing, but a little slow
   ... a number of topics to fill in
   ... image descriptions task is taking some time (working with
   P&F / ARIA)
   ... need to get this into a spec that can be used
   ... looking at alternatives that may be better fit
   ... a lot of discussion on MathML lately
   ... this also has taken some focus away from producing the Note
   ... will be looking for reviews from this group.

   deborah: we sometimes think about digital publishing as a
   special case of Web publishing, but really DPub has some
   different needs when it comes to Accessibility
   ... really appreciate input from this group.

   lrosenth: good information in the draft note, but some of these
   issues have been addressed in an ISO std. (which one?)
   ... conceptually some of these items in PDF UA may be helpful

   deborah: we want to encourage 2 way communications with other
   groups

   <lrosenth> will do!

   clapierre: please add edits or issues to the current draft on
   github

   <tzviya>
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2015/08/extended-description-analysis

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2015/08/extended-description-analysis

   <clapierre> wil do

   tzviya: adding an additional link to P&F grid about DPub
   requirements; they've asked for a punch list of comments from
   DPub
   ... our requirements are already well reflected in this draft
   from P&F

   <HeatherF> Even positive comments are worthwhile

   tzviya: conversations about some our requests, e.g., details

   deborah: (in response to a question) the sub-group is on top of
   getting the note done, though help is always welcome.

Document about publishing requirements for packaging

   <tzviya>
   [14]https://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Requirements_for_Web_Public
   ation_and_Packaging

     [14] https://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Requirements_for_Web_Publication_and_Packaging

   <lrosenth> +1 to move it forward

   <tzviya> +1

   tzviya: there has been a lot of talking about the document, but
   we seem to have approached consensus as of end of last week

   <ivan> +1

   <pkra> +1

   <mgylling> +1

   <HeatherF> +1

   <NickRuffilo> +1

   <clapierre> +1

   tzviya: are we ready to push this forward (+1_

   <bjdmeest> +1

   <Karen> +1

   <Julie_Morris> +1

   <Bill_Kasdorf> +1

   <pbelfanti> +1

   ivan: before sending to public list, we may worth contacting
   Yves to see if this is the form of comments they want to
   receive
   ... we did this partly for ourselves, but also this will be of
   interest to Eve and others working on packaging standard
   ... so we should check with them to make sure format is of use.
   ... alternatively we could distill out something more specific
   to their needs

   ivan: tzviya or markus will send a note to see.

   tzviya: assuming we send this forward to Yves, do we leave it
   as a Wiki page or publish more formally?

   ivan: Don't know what they will prefer. For us Wiki page is
   okay, but they may want something more formal.
   ... we need to check to see if Yves is on vacation
   ... should be back by end of the week.

TPAC preparation

   <tzviya>
   [15]https://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Oct_2015_F2F_Logistics_and_
   Details

     [15] https://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Oct_2015_F2F_Logistics_and_Details

   tzviya: There are people in this group who have registered for
   TPAC, but have not registered for DPub session? Are they going
   to attend DPub and what would they want to talk about?

   ivan: in response to question, there will be WebEx for those
   who want to participate remotely.

   <tzviya>
   [16]https://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Oct_2015_F2F_Logistics_and_
   Details

     [16] https://www.w3.org/dpub/IG/wiki/Oct_2015_F2F_Logistics_and_Details

   ivan: there is a topic that came up on the mailing list - we
   may want to have a discussion of glossary of the terms we
   (DPub) uses
   ... this might be a good thing to have by no later than TPAC
   ... it's good to have a clear idea for ourselves and others
   about what we mean, especially in contrast to some of these
   terms as used on the Web
   ... will facilitate future work

   <HeatherF> +1

   tzviya: a great idea
   ... case in point - the word 'semantics'
   ... let's start a wiki page now

   ivan: will do start this wiki page

   clapierre: just got confirmation that I will be going to TPAC
   ... would want to schedule some time to talk about
   Accessibility - do we need to coordinate with P&F and/or CSS
   ... have we heard about DPub charter renewal

   ivan: we had a good number of positive votes, vote being
   reviewed, should here in a week or two

   HeatherF: Any advice for first-time TPAC attendees?

   pbelfanti: has a request in to attend TPAC
   ... would like to talk about topics raised by Daniel Glazman

   tzviya: not everyone is aware of these topics?
   ... will review on a call before TPAC
   ... the logistics page provides an opportunity to suggest
   topics / task force discussions for TPAC

   <pkra> do we want to talk about that MathML thread?

   <pkra> ...

   <Bill_Kasdorf> +1 to looking at Liam's e-mail

   tzviya: if we do want to move forward with being a bit more
   activist, the MathML discussion suggested some possible ways
   forward.

   <HeatherF> thanks

   tzviya: adjourn early.

   <ivan> trackbot, end telcon

Summary of Action Items

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [17]scribe.perl version
    1.140 ([18]CVS log)
    $Date: 2015/08/24 15:58:39 $

     [17] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [18] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/



Received on Monday, 24 August 2015 16:04:23 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:36:08 UTC