Re: [METADATA] Governance/authority (ISSUE-2)

Yes, and I wouldnıt expect the retail sites to change that. How they
ingest data and express it on their sites is at the core of the value each
retailer brings to the table - itıs a competitive issue and each retailer
is convinced they do it best. (Drawn from my experience at having worked
for one - B&N - and consulted to several others.)

I can tell you also, from my experience at Bowker, that the lack of
conformance in media data is a windmill worth tilting at (because it makes
the data better overall), but we need to understand weıll probably never
really defeat it, and address the problems non-conformance causes with
that perspective.

Page count is another one of those troublesome fields. :)