RE: [Page DOM] page counters across multiple documents

From: Siegman, Tzviya - Hoboken <tsiegman@wiley.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 06:45:16 -0500
To: Robin Berjon <robin@w3.org>, Dave Cramer <dauwhe@gmail.com>, "W3C Digital Publishing IG" <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>
What about a publication that includes cross-references to every figure? Consider also that, terms like "figure" and the figure numbering are (ideally) generated by CSS in both the link and the target (with a little scripting help). . Probably it will process once and then cache, but would it be a long and painful process?

Tzviya Siegman * Digital Book Standards & Capabilities Lead * John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
111 River Street, MS 5-02 * Hoboken, NJ 07030-5774 * 201-748-6884 * tsiegman@wiley.com