[DPUB Metadata] Invitation re researching available RDF informational resources

From: Bill Kasdorf <bkasdorf@apexcovantage.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2014 00:29:07 +0000
To: "W3C Digital Publishing IG (public-digipub-ig@w3.org)" <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>
Hi, folks-

At TPAC today, in the context of the Metadata Task Force discussion, I agreed to take an action item to research what resources are available that can help publishers understand RDF. We want to gain an understanding of what is out there before we decide what we should do next to help publishers understand and ultimately use RDF effectively. This is just the first step. And you will not be committing to the future work-just this initial project.

This should be a relatively short project. It does not involve developing any documentation. Instead, it is just about researching what is already out there, from the W3C and others (both theoretical and practical, including best practices and how RDF is used in various contexts), and compiling a succinct report with brief descriptions of each resource and a link to it.

If you're interested in helping with this, please e-mail me with "RDF Volunteer" in the subject line. I will set up a call once we know who wants to participate. After that, most of the work will be done by e-mail and should only take a few weeks. We're committed to finishing it by mid-December but earlier is possible and would be good.

--Bill

Bill Kasdorf
Vice President, Apex Content Solutions
Apex CoVantage