From: Bill Kasdorf [mailto:bkasdorf@apexcovantage.com]
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2014 11:53 AM
To: t-cole3@illinois.edu; public-digipub-ig@w3.org
Subject: RE: Scope of the STEM Task Force

+1

I was going to make the same comment when we ran out of time.

That was the strategy that Madi and I used: she drilled vertically within a
publisher (Pearson) and I took a more horizontal approach (in the case of
metadata, encompassing different types of publishers-trade, magazine,
scholarly, STEM, news [including IPTC, an organization, not a publisher],
etc.-as well as interviewing consultants and service providers like CrossRef
and Firebrand). She produced one consolidated report; I wrote up a report of
each individual interview. We will now work to pull all that together in a
single document, based on the insights from those interviews and the
discussions in the IG.

Specifically for STEM, I think Tim's suggestion of interviewing some
researchers and librarians is spot-on, and essential in this context.

--Bill K