Re: The AAP EPUB 3 Implementation Project

yes.

Rich Schwerdtfeger

From: Gerardo Capiel <gerardoc@benetech.org>
To: Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
Cc: Jean Kaplansky <Jean.Kaplansky@aptaracorp.com>, Ivan Herman
            <ivan@w3.org>, Peter Krautzberger
            <peter.krautzberger@mathjax.org>, "W3C Digital Publishing IG"
            <public-digipub-ig@w3.org>, W3C Public Digital Publishing IG
Date: 11/06/2013 08:30 AM
Subject: Re: The AAP EPUB 3 Implementation Project

To be a bit more specific, MathJax can output SVG when it runs in the user
agent (e.g., a web browser or eReader). However, as Rich mentions, this
process of converting MathML or other math input formats to browser
renderable formats in the user agent does require runtime processing and
would not be as performant as converting the MathML to accessible/described
SVG prior to EPUB packaging and/or transmission to the user agent.

Gerardo Capiel
VP of Engineering
Benetech

On Nov 6, 2013, at 7:15 AM, "Richard Schwerdtfeger" <schwer@us.ibm.com>