RE: W3C change tracking and revision / workflow Comunty Group

I won't personally be able to join this but I just wanted to enthusiastically agree that this is a Really Good Thing to address for publishers. It's critical as we try to get the Open Web Platform used more upstream in publishing workflows, rather than just for delivery. I hope someone from the DIWG can keep us connected to this community group and informed about what they're doing. (Thanks, Liam!!)

--Bill Kasdorf

-----Original Message-----
From: Liam R E Quin [mailto:liam@w3.org]
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2013 10:35 AM
To: W3C Digital Publishing IG
Subject: W3C change tracking and revision / workflow Comunty Group

We have at W3C a Community Group about tracking changes to documents; this was a topic of some interest at he Paris workshop we held.

http://www.w3.org/community/change/

is the existing group. There will be a lunch session at DITA Europe in Munich in November for anyone there; I don't think this community group is very active -- they may be a little ahead of the curve -- but it's an area important to XML First / HTML First workflows so maybe it's worth joining for some of the people here.

Liam

--
Liam Quin - XML Activity Lead, W3C, http://www.w3.org/People/Quin/ Pictures from old books: http://fromoldbooks.org/