Re: [metadata] FYI: BIBTEX Update at the LoC

My concerns with the Bibframe effort are many, but their explicit decision
NOT to reuse any existing ontologies is extremely worrying.  Regardless of
the fact that their machines were shutdown along with the rest of the
government, they claim that they cannot trust other ontologies to still be
available in the future (even W3C ones!) and hence won't adopt any existing
work.

Given their other, equally concerning, XML to RDF conversions such as
MODS/RDF, I would be very cautious in expecting anything useful or even
understandable to come out of the bibframe effort.

Rob

http://www.loc.gov/standards/mods/modsrdf-primer.html