Re: FYI: "Test the Web Forward"

Hi all,

On 31/10/2013 09:47 , Ivan Herman wrote:
> Not directly relevant to our IG's work, but I think it is a good tool
> for the publishing community, too:
>
> http://www.w3.org/blog/2013/10/welcoming-testtwf-to-w3c/
> http://testthewebforward.org/
>
> And we may want to contribute, too!

TestTWF is a powerful way of advancing interoperability. I strongly
recommend that the digital publishing community take an interest in it.

This can happen in several ways. One is participating in the events and
generally contributing tests to the areas in which there is a need.
Another that we can think of would be to have a "themed" TestTWF event
dedicated to the specific interoperability issues in digital publishing,
trying to help work a way forward.

One of the things that I appreciate most from TestTWF is its grassroots
nature. You don't just meet the people who have the tool chains and know
how to paper over interoperability issues, you meet the smaller shops,
often freelancers, who have to face those problems on their own. It's a
very refreshing perspective.