Re: Draft - Declaration of Data Citation Principles

On Nov 23, 2013, at 06:34, Ivan Herman wrote:

> This is only of a tangential interest for many of you, because it is an issue for scholarly publishing only but, for those of you that may be in that particular area, too, it may become interesting:
>
> DRAFT - Declaration of Data Citation Principles
> http://www.force11.org/datacitation
>
> comments are welcome to finalize this.

Three questions:

1) What falls under data and what doesn't? I guess lists of observations, linguistic corpora, video recordings, and other data that you collect fall under data, but how about software that the researcher created himself?

2) Assuming you can cite software, how about hardware that was created specifically for some research. Can you cite that, too?

3) I don't understand principle 3: what claims are meant here?

Bert