From: Jean Kaplansky <Jean.Kaplansky@aptaracorp.com>
To: Richard Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
Cc: "public-digipub-ig-comment@w3.org"
            <public-digipub-ig-comment@w3.org>, Tony Graham
            <tgraham@mentea.net>
Date: 11/11/2013 01:19 PM
Subject: Re: Overarching scope of the DPUB; Was re: Pagination ED, 28
            October  2013

DITA as in OASIS Open? There are a lot of vendors out there building DITA
products with an EPUB publishing option some of these solutions are simply
bolt on modules, on the inclusion of something like calibre as part of
their tool chain. Others are more sophisticated.

Are you saying that the official Oasis Open DITA TC is actually working on
specifying some specific mapping between DITA and EPUB 3, or is in fact,
architecting and developing an EPUB publishing solution, something that
would be bolted on to the DITA Open Toolkit, for example?

How people will get DITA to EPUB aside, the bigger question is… If there
are pagination requirements of the DITA publishing community not already
surfaced by the DPUB IG, should we be seeking these pagination requirements
out, or would this be considered out of the current scope of the interest
group at this time?

For the record, I’m just asking here. I don’t have anything specific in
mind. I just want to know what is firmly off the table for consideration.

Thanks,

Jean Kaplansky
Solutions Architect
Aptara, Inc.