Re: DID Core v1.1 Roadmap

On Mon, Jul 8, 2024 at 2:40 PM Ryan Grant <w3c@rgrant.org> wrote:
> The DID-WG, constrained to using the W3C consensus
> process, and also explicitly constrained from working on DID Methods
> under its current charter, cannot "help other groups standardize DID
> Methods", except by relinquishing its own time for participants in
> other meetings who may find a non-conflicting schedule convenient.

That was merely my personal suggestion, which is what that deck should
be interpreted as for now, as an example of what we could do.

It was a suggestion to "help others be successful and align with our
work in the DID WG"... not to do any "official DID standardization
activities within the DID WG", which as you stated, is not within the
remit of our charter.

For example, if another group asks the DID WG to do a review on their
specification that they are standardizing elsewhere, volunteers from
the DID WG could step forward to do that review and say whether or not
it conforms to DID Core.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
https://www.digitalbazaar.com/