Re: New proposal for the DID WG charter

On 05/10/2023 23:43, Orie Steele wrote:
> (...)
> Essentially, DID Resolution and dereferencing is reinventing
> https://www.w3.org/TR/json-ld11/#loading-documents ... but for a new
> kind of URN, and with concrete support for only `+ld+json` based media
> types.

I find this claim a bit strange: DID Resolution is a whole
specification, while what you cite is a non-normative section, a few
paragraphs long. Furtermore, I believe that DID resolvers and JSON-LD
document loaders have different purposes -- even if there is some
overlap. But for that overlap, I don't see anything preventing a JSON-LD
document loader to rely on a DID resolver.

To sum it up, I don't see any conflict or redundancy here.

   pa