Re: Potential list of securities in the US [was: Unlawful Unregistered Securities, DID and VC]

I’d like to second this viewpoint from Manu. Melvin I do think you’re
touching on a very important topic here that I think the group recognizes
we need to progress on more within the working group which is incredibly
useful. I had a similar insight and highlighted it within this PR[1] last
year. Ultimately, I think we all understand and appreciate the registry is
a bit unruly at the moment, but because of our communities values towards
transparency and anti-censorship the arguments made here for why change
should happen didn’t quite resonate with the community. This became pretty
evident to me when we were considering the impact of a potential did method
like did:Facebook and then the actual registration of did:ccp. As Manu
points out, you bringing this topic up will have an impact on the future
work of this group so I personally view this as somewhat useful. I also
want to say thank you for your persistence to push on this problem. I
personally believe your contributions to this topic will definitely prove
valuable in due time to lead to improving the registry overall even if your
motivations didn’t quite resonate with the rest of us.

[1]: https://github.com/w3c/did-spec-registries/issues/433

-Kyle