Re: Potential list of securities in the US [was: Unlawful Unregistered Securities, DID and VC]

út 20. 6. 2023 v 16:32 odesílatel Phillip Shoemaker <phillip@identity.org>
napsal:

> Overall, I believe the the United States is going to be on the wrong side
> of history here. Many countries are embracing crypto innovations, and are
> therefore writing new laws to encourage and help guide this industry. The
> United States is using old methods of thinking to regulate cryptocurrency
> (read: innovation) out of this country.
>
> Chaals asks the question “Do you agree that our groups should adhere to US
> securities law”, and while I agree we should adhere to laws in general
> (worldwide, rather than selecting which country’s laws we should adhere to
> and which ones we should ignore), I need to point out that the concept of a
> security is not black and white.
>
> Earlier in this thread, it was mentioned that securities are items that
> are promoted/marketed as having lasting value with an expectation of
> profit. I should point out that if the above were the only required checks,
> then none of the listed tokens would be on the list. Solana, for example,
> has never marketed SOL as an investment, and they in fact have told people
> not to expect profit: it is a token to power their chain. Many of these
> tokens were created as utility tokens, meant to feed the meter, or to power
> the video game. These are simple arcade tokens. It isn’t the company’s
> fault, that speculators come along and hype the token. The bottom line is
> that the SEC needs to provide a way to determine what is a security and
> what is not, and make it less subjective than it is now. I personally
> believe that if the SEC continues this attack, all tokens will ultimately
> be listed, including BTC and ETH.

Regarding Solana, I'd like to direct your attention to points 127-140 in
the link below:

https://www.sec.gov/litigation/complaints/2023/comp-pr2023-102.pdf