Re: Verification of alsoKnownAs which is an URL, not a DID

Drummond,
Thanks for your response. I understand that a backlink would provide a
useful verification mechanism, and I can see how I would create such a
backlink in a DID document. However, I'm asking about the case where the
alsoKnownAs <https://www.w3.org/TR/did-core/#dfn-alsoknownas> value is an
URL, not either a DID or DID URL, and thus I have no immediately obvious
DID document to inspect. In that case, how do I form the desired backlink
and where do I put it? It seems to me that I would need a way to resolve an
URL into either a DID or a DID document, but I can't find any such
mechanism defined in the spec. My assumption is that it would probably be
reasonable to do something like include a DID or DID document as a resource
served via WebFinger <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/rfc7033> -- if
my site supported WebFinger... Would that be considered reasonable? Is
there a better way to resolve an URL into either a DID or a DID document?

This leads to a second question: Is there a general mechanism defined for
discovering whatever DIDs are associated with some non-DID resource such as
an URL? For instance, given an URL like "https://example.com," what
mechanism could I use to search for all DIDs, DID URLs, or DID documents
that are associated with that URL?

bob wyman