Re: Service at risk? Was: New CR Snapshot

On 5/28/21 3:12 PM, Adrian Gropper wrote:
> Apologies for not paying enough attention. Is service at risk for lack of
> implementations?

The "service" and "relativeRef" *DID Parameters* are at risk (not the
"service" *property* in the data model).

They are at risk because we have received zero implementations for these
features and zero commitments to implement in any reasonable time frame.

By marking each at risk and entering another Candidate Recommendation Phase,
we are holding out hope that we'll get two independent implementations in the
next month for these features.

> Leaving out service might have significant impact on privacy
> considerations.

It won't... it'll just go in the DID Spec Registries as a non DID Core DID
Parameter and people will use it from there.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
https://tinyurl.com/veres-one-launches