Re: Negative press related to DIDs and VCs

On Jun 29, 2021, at 10:38 AM, Wayne Chang <wyc@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> It seems that the tweet has since been deleted. This is what it said:
>
> https://web.archive.org/web/20210628205159/https://twitter.com/harryhalpin/status/1409615372538548227
>
> On Tue, Jun 29, 2021, at 9:15 AM, Manu Sporny wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Just drawing your attention towards this:
>>
>> https://twitter.com/harryhalpin/status/140961537
>>
>> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/2021May/0177.html
>>
>> These are things that I would expect we would normally just ignore, but I've received a number of private emails over the tweet above from various decision making parties inside the EU requesting that we respond publicly to theses sorts of accusations.
>>
>> The accusations are being taken seriously by some because Harry Halpin is ex-W3C staff. Also note that he his company is developing "competing technology" to DIDs and VCs.
>>
>> Just raising awareness here as Harry's campaign is having a negative effect on adoption of VCs and DIDs.
>>
>> -- manu
>>
>> --
>> Manu Sporny - https://www.linkedin.com/in/manusporny/
>> Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
>> News: Digital Bazaar Announces New Case Studies (2021)
>> https://www.digitalbazaar.com/

The original tweet was not deleted; its URI was truncated
from this (which works) --

https://twitter.com/harryhalpin/status/1409615372538548227

Also, it was not the only nor the first related tweet emanating
from Harry --

https://twitter.com/search?q=W3C%20(DID%20OR%20%22Verifiable%20Credentials%22%20OR%20VCs)%20(from%3Aharryhalpin)&src=typed_query&f=live

Nor has he limited his commentary to Twitter --

https://www.google.com/search?q=W3C+(DID+OR+%22Verifiable+Credentials%22+OR+VCs)+%22harry+halpin%22

I hope this is helpful.

Ted