Re: [media-types] Media subtypes containing "+"

Manu,

Apologies for missing this before.  I got auto-sorted into a folder and
never got my attention.

On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 10:07 AM Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
wrote:

> We formally request that:
>
> 1. The registration of application/did+ld+json is allowed
>    to proceed.

I realize we have been slow to act here, and for that I apologize, but I
suspect -- though I'm happy to cede to consensus if it disagrees with me --
that registering this before dealing with your second item below would be
putting the cart before the horse, establishing a precedent before the
notion has been formalized.

2. The "Media Types with Multiple Suffixes" document is
>    progressed along the IETF standards track. We have no
>    strong opinion on the IETF mechanism used to do so.

This is now an input document to the MEDIAMAN working group, the formal
formation process of which has now started.  This gives it a path to
development and publication to give it proper support in the media types
ecosystem.

-MSK