Re: Are we doing enough to align our work with Zero Trust Architecture?

Hi Adrian,

It's a tough question (because the term 'Zero Trust' is kind of vague and
undefined, or at least differently defined across projects).
But aside from that - no. Confidential Storage is pretty much the opposite
of "zero trust" (which is why, if you recall, 'Zero Trust' was
intentionally excluded from the list of valid names, when we were renaming
the spec). We recognize that encryption is not enough, and we require
trusted servers to enforce authorizations.

So, I'm sure there's a time and place for "zero trust architecture", it's
just that it's completely out of scope for this group.