Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: The DID service endpoint privacy challenge

Wanted to add on the following use case for consideration, which takes an approach that is a hybrid of the extremes that Adrian was talking about:

1. User has publicly-available and indexable DID, not unlike MIT Key Server. Probably resolved against public blockchain
2. Public DID has a single service to spawn new DIDs from a service-specified set of types, such as WhisperChannel, FileUpload, PresentationRequest, Payment.BTC, or Payment.ETH.
3. Spawned DIDs use a method that resolves against a privately-controlled server, and the DID Doc contains additional service information per its type, probably just one service. Perhaps it even supports modes for authenticated and authorized DID Doc resolution. Spawned DID lifespans can be ephemeral (single use, expiration date, message limit, etc.) or long-living.
4. The new DID is used for the interaction with no correlation except to the "anchor" public DID.
5. Optionally, if the service requestor is also using DIDs, a similar dance could happen on their end to create an ad-hoc DID to better preserve their privacy as well.

Is there any prior work on something similar?