From: Oliver Terbu <oliver.terbu@consensys.net>
Sent: maandag 29 juni 2020 11:30
To: Adrian Gropper <agropper@healthurl.com>
Cc: W3C DID Working Group <public-did-wg@w3.org>
Subject: Re: The DID service endpoint privacy challenge

I agree that there is a privacy challenge.

Three approaches:
1. The service endpoint should be as aggregated as possible which means the endpoint itself should not allow Eve to identify a single entity.
2. Don't use service endpoints in public DID Documents.
3. Propagate service endpoints using the `initial-value` DID parameter which is similar to 2.

If there must be one, then we could define a DID service discovery endpoint (similar to OpenID Connect<https://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-discovery-1_0.html>) that provides meta-data about all enabled service capabilities. But I would argue that this is not the best solution.

Thanks,
Oliver