Re: DID WG Special Topic Call (Service Endpoints)

I'm mostly content to move the discussion over to the ticket. However, you
didn't answer my question about what additional education you're proposing
to offer. Will that come through the ticket as well?

I'd like to note that we seem to have a fundamental disagreement about what
constitutes an alternative. Is the goal to communicate an endpoint somehow
(Manu's perspective), or is it to communicate an endpoint such that its
value is versioned with the keys used by that endpoint, and the
communication is known to emanate from the DID controller? If the latter
(which I assert), then I have not yet heard *any* viable alternatives.
That's why I was asking for a preview of the learning you want to offer us.
I don't feel like I need learning about general communication strategies
(they are innumerable); however, I'm *very* interested in communication
strategies that accomplish the more ambitious goal for which I've been
using service endpoints in DID docs. (We can pick up the question of the
goal in the ticket; I made a similar comment at
https://github.com/w3c/did-core/issues/382#issuecomment-683325479).