Re: Success Criteria of the WebApps WG [was: Re: CfC to publish DeviceOrientation Event CR Snapshot - review by 11 March]

Hi Xiaoqian,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. No need to apologize. From what I understand, the situation is developing positively:

By adopting the standard Success Criteria [1] in its latest charter [2] WebApps WG ensured it satisfies the Joint deliverables principles [3], specifically: "Any conflict between the success criteria sections ought to be resolved before the charters are approved.” This standard Success Criteria [1] now adopted by WebApps WG is widely endorsed: it has been adopted by 39 out of 42 Working Groups [4] based on my napkin math.

Process details aside, what does this mean to DAS WG and WebApps WG participants?

Thanks to this Success Criteria alignment and approval these Working Groups can soon start collaborating on the new joint deliverables.

Thank you for your contributions and patience, everyone. I can’t wait to kick off this long-awaited collaboration and welcome new folks on board who are eager to start contributing.

[1] https://w3c.github.io/charter-drafts/charter-template.html#success-criteria

[2] https://www.w3.org/2024/01/webappswg-charter-2024.html#success-criteria

[3] https://www.w3.org/Guide/process/joint-deliverables.html

[4] https://www.w3.org/groups/wg/