Re: RfC: wide review of WebDriver extensions for Sensor APIs

Hi Pete,

> On 19 Oct 2019, at 2.46, Pete Snyder <psnyder@brave.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Anssi,
>
> Thank you for reaching out.  I read through the modifications / spec-additions, and since they only affect automated use cases (e.g. would never effect standard browser users) I think there is no PING relevant privacy issues.

Thanks for your swift response and confirmation that there are no PING relevant privacy issues for the WebDriver extensions.

> However, I do see a variety of other privacy sensitive issues in the specs, unrelated to WebDriver.  Is there a point where the WG could work through some of these with PING during a regular PING call?

The parts unrelated to WebDriver received wide review from PING earlier and PING feedback has been incorporated since first CR publications Mar 2018. These parts have not changed substantially since that review took place. Please refer to PING teleconference Nov 2 2017 and PING TPAC F2F 9 Nov 2017 minutes. You may also want to talk to Tara or Christine who helped facilitate these reviews. See also the wide review paper trail at https://github.com/w3c/sensors/issues/299

Please let me know if you'd like to revisit the earlier discussions in a PING call, or if you have further questions.