Call for Consensus (CfC) to publish revised Candidate Recommendation of “Media Capture and Streams” - respond by 8 Sept 2017

From: Frederick Hirsch <w3c@fjhirsch.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 12:06:09 -0400
Cc: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>, Fuqiao Xue <xfq@w3.org>
To: W3C Devices and Sensors WG <public-device-apis@w3.org>
All

Please respond to the following CfC shared by the WebRTC WG chairs, by 8 Sept.  Responses to WebRTC list preferred, public-webrtc @ w3.org.

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Chair, W3C Devices and Sensors WG (DAS)

[[

It has been over a year since we last published a version [1] of the "Media Capture and Streams" specification (we’ve done many Editor’s drafts since, but not published version).

We think we should publish a new Candidate Recommendation (CR) even though issues to sort out remains [2], and that for two reasons:

* A lot of updates have been made (and the Process document calls for a revised CR [3] when substantive changes have been made)

* Show to people outside the group that the document is being actively worked on.

Let us know by September 8 if you for any reason disagree, otherwise we will act for getting a new CR out.

Bernard and Stefan

[1] https://www.w3.org/TR/mediacapture-streams/
[2] https://github.com/w3c/mediacapture-main/issues
[3] https://www.w3.org/2017/Process-20170301/#revised-cr