Re: [sensors] New Working Drafts published

> On 15 Aug 2017, at 19:54, Tobie Langel <tobie@codespeaks.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, Aug 15, 2017, at 17:53, Kostiainen, Anssi wrote:
> >but that the group keeps up the momentum, keeps attracting new
> > contributors, and carries on the good work started by you, Tobie.
>
> Well, it seems this really isn't a good day for accuracy. ;-)
>
> It was Rick Waldron who started this work, not me.

Credits are due to Rick and the Johnny-Five community equally, given the Generic Sensor API was based on J5's Sensor API Rick kindly donated to this group.

Rick was indeed advocating for something like the Generic Sensor API for years prior to the spec work started in this group. I recall issues in Mozilla's Bugzilla from 2012(?) or even earlier where Rick diligently explained how https://w3c.github.io/deviceorientation/spec-source-orientation.html is broken and needs to be fixed and how to do it. The Generic Sensor API builds on that foundation. It's exciting to think how all came to be!

But also, don't be so modest Tobie. You brought Rick's proposal to this group and formulated it into a more formal spec draft based on Rick's initial input, and carried the torch for over two years in this group.