Re: F2F at TPAC 2017 this year?

> On 06 Apr 2017, at 18:23, Frederick Hirsch <w3c@fjhirsch.com> wrote:
>
> Dear WG members:
>
> The W3C will be having TPAC 6-10 November 2017 in Burlingame CA (outside San Francisco).
>
> https://www.w3.org/2017/11/TPAC/Overview.html
>
> As a group we need to decide whether to hold a F2F meeting in conjunction with TPAC and let W3C know which days we prefer.
>
> The suggestion we discussed on today's teleconference is to have a F2F Thursday-Friday, 9-10 November 2017 (since there is a conflict with the WebRTC F2F on Monday/Tuesday).

I would be supportive of Thursday-Friday, to avoid overlap with the Second Screen WG.

> One of the reasons for a F2F is to  see if we can have implementers in the SF area to attend and have a working session, as well as encouraging wider W3C member participation in our work. We also should think about which joint meetings would be useful - suggestions?  (Privacy and Security interest groups are two).
>
> Please note thoughts or concerns on the list before 1 May. Earlier is better.

I think a F2F also this year at TPAC would be time well spent. In particular, the close proximity to the Bay Area companies means we might be able to attract new participants and implementers to the meeting. I expect the various sensor deliverables [1] to be the main topic of discussion.

The recurring theme around sensors seems to be privacy and security, so a joint meeting with the domain experts in that field sounds like a good idea.

[1]: https://www.w3.org/2009/dap/#sensors