Re: [sensors] Does SensorReading always need a timeStamp ?

From: Tobie Langel via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2016 08:11:50 +0000
To: public-device-apis@w3.org
This spec exclusively focuses on local MEMS sensors for now, so we're
looking at monotonic time stamps only as I don't think there are use
cases for epoch-based timestamps which can't be easily solved with an
in document conversion. Of course, once we'll move these to service
workers, considerations will be different, but that's not the only
thing that'll need to be reconsidered.

I think the key questions here are:

- are there perf reasons to avoid timestamps?
- what do the timestamps in the underlying platform actually measure?
- do those underlying timestamps actually help us meet our use cases?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by tobie
Please view or discuss this issue at