Re: [wake-lock] Wake Lock API status update

On March 15, 2016 at 12:56:09 AM, Chaals McCathie Nevile (chaals@yandex-team.ru) wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 06:55:24 +0100, Marcos Caceres wrote:
> > I still think the API needs a redesign to possibly cater for more lock
> > types. It's not clear to me yet if we will implement this in Gecko or
> > not.
>
> Do you mean you're not sure about implementing it even with changes you're
> asking for,

Correct. "What I want" (implementation in Gecko), and "what I need" (slightly different design) are not necessarily the same thing. Implementation hinges on Mozilla's DOM team priorities, which I don't control.

> or just that you want to implement something different to the
> current proposal?

Also would like to implement something a bit different that caters for a broader set of use cases than we originally wrote up.