[sensors] Javascript 120Hz devicemotion events for high end inertial applications

From: lukes3315 via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2016 17:52:24 +0000
To: public-device-apis@w3.org
lukes3315 has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/sensors:

== Javascript 120Hz devicemotion events for high end inertial
applications ==
Browsers only sample sensor data at a varying 67Hz (drops down to 1Hz
sometimes), which makes the readings unusable for high end use
cases...
We need a robust 120Hz steady sampling rate for our human inertial
navigation technology. iOS and Android do have this natively, but
apparently current browser technology does not offer the same quality
as the native sampling... Sadly :(

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/sensors/issues/98 using your GitHub account