Re: CfC to auto-update ED in TR Space (was: Progressing Wake Lock API to W3C FPWD?)

On 1/6/15 8:59 AM, w3c@fjhirsch.com wrote:
> I took a look in the WebApps mail archive and did not see a CfC for managing the editors draft, but may have missed it.  I’ve cc’d Art in case he has a link.
>
>> FROM: Marcos Caceres <marcos@marcosc.com>
>>
>> I can't remember if we ran a CFC to do this or not in this group (I think we did one in WebApps and no objections were raised). If not, we should start one ASAP.

Since (plain) WD publications don't (strictly speaking) require
recording `consensus`, WebApps does not use a CfC for those
publications. Instead, before such a publication is done, we expect
someone (f.ex. an Editor, Chair, Staff) to issue a `heads up` (known as
a PublicServiceAnnoucement f.ex. [PSA]) about the intent to publish a
new WD.

Mapping this work mode to the context of [Pub-Workflow], if an Editor
wants to get a spec on the auto-TR-update track, it seems like that bit
of info would be included in their PSA to publish a new WD (and that an
explicit CfC is not needed).

-HTH, AB

[PSA]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2014OctDec/0589.html