RE: [W3C TCP and UDP Socket API]: Status and home for this specification

Hi Anne,

This is a misunderstanding that probably depends on that I used the word "permission", which people associate with "user permission". User permissions are absolutely not enough to provide access to this API. However, work is ongoing in the Web App Sec WG that may provide basis for a security model for this API. Please read section 4, http://www.w3.org/2012/sysapps/tcp-udp-sockets/#security-and-privacy-considerations.

I am trying to get to a point to see if a TCP and UDP Socket is possible to standardize taking the changed assumption into consideration, i.e. there will be no W3C web system applications.

BR
  Claes

Claes Nilsson
Master Engineer - Web Research