Re: [admin] Welcome to the DAP WG!

Hi Dom,

On 19 Sep 2014, at 11:34, Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org> wrote:

> Le vendredi 19 septembre 2014 à 08:27 +0000, Kostiainen, Anssi a écrit :
>> Dom - could you create the following repo for the spec under the W3C org?
>> https://github.com/w3c/ambient-light
>
> I can easily do so — but shouldn't we instead create a repo for a
> generic sensor API? Or do you want to start with the specific ambient
> light sensor before trying any generalisation?

What comes to the repo organization, planning for the future would not hurt and having a repository such as “w3c/sensors“ would work fine. To start with, we could keep the current specs at:

http://w3c.github.io/sensors/ambient-light/
http://w3c.github.io/sensors/proximity/

And the abstract base class could live in its own document that we’d reference from the concrete sensors as we redesign them.

Then, optionally, we could provide something along the lines of the CSS Snapshots [1] that pulls everything together at:

http://w3c.github.io/sensors/

That said, I don’t feel strongly about how we organize the work as long as the work gets done :-)

[Some background for participants who may wonder what’s up: the most recently the WG was interested in fixing the bug identified in the Ambient Light Events during the implementation phase [2]. That restarted the discussion around the generic sensor design to be applied to a number of concrete sensors. Some of the earlier history before this is documented at [3].]

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/css-2010/
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Aug/0058.html
[3] https://www.w3.org/2009/dap/wiki/SingleSensorSpecification