Re: [webintents] Should DAP revisit WebIntents?

Hi,

On 24/06/2014 16:24 , frederick.hirsch@nokia.com wrote:
> Is there any new work or progress in this area, with Chrome, or other
> implementations?  Robin, are ‘web wishes’ related and relevant [3]?
> Should DAP be looking at them more closely?
> [3] http://darobin.github.io/web-wish/

Web Wishes are indeed meant to be a revival of Web Intents (the name
being picked to be deliberately different from Intents and Activities).
I've been caught up in the contentEditable stuff, but I've been planning
to add the normative content now that the uses have been outlined.

The really, really important step however is for issues to be properly
listed. There have been many mentions of problems with implementability
and UI, but none have been documented. If they are documented, then we
can't make progress (and I believe they can be solved).

Last this came up (a few weeks ago) I think that Paul Kinlan sort of
more or less accepted to help there. Paul, is that an option or am I
cramming words into your mouth? (Actually, I don't care *that* much that
I am if the result is that you list the issues you know about ;) I
promise beer in exchange.