Re: [battery] Should getBattery() always return the same promise?

On 07/04/2014 12:25 PM, Domenic Denicola wrote:
> Rick, Chromium has a multi-process architecture, whereas Firefox in
> general keeps most things in a single process. Thus Firefox has the
> ability to implement many more things synchronously than Chromium does.
> Implementation experience based on a single vendor is not terribly
> valuable in guiding API surface, especially in questions of sync vs.
> async, and especially when that vendor is Firefox (the only
> single-process modern browser, from what I understand).

FirefoxOS/b2g is multi-process too, so we care a about not doing undue
sync IPC. We are doing some for the battery (see
https://mxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/hal/sandbox/PHal.ipdl#109).
I can run some timings if people are interested in knowing how long we
are blocked in these calls.

	Fabrice
--
Fabrice Desré