[admin] Agenda - Distributed Meeting 16 January 2014

Agenda  Device APIs Working Group  Distributed Meeting 16 January 2014

Meeting details at the bottom of this email.

1) Welcome, agenda review, scribe selection, announcements

Shelving notes published, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Jan/0025.html

2) Minutes approval

Approve minutes from 9 January 2014

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Jan/att-0015/minutes-2014-01-09.html

proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from  9 January 2014 are approved

3) Network Information API

Marcos proposal and Fernando proposal, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Jan/0020.html

Next step, create new draft and publish FPWD?

Fingerprinting issue discussion, general use of  "events only fired at top level browsing context Window object" language?

ISSUE-128 : Need more description on how bandwidth should be estimated ; on [Network Information API] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/128 

can close if we adopt new approach.

4) Network Service Discovery

Editor's update

Issue review

ISSUE-130 : Enable variety of protocols (e.g. UPnP, Bonour) with protocol independent developer code ; on [Network Service Discovery]http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/130 

ISSUE-131 : Support UPnP device discovery by Device Type? ; on [Network Service Discovery] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/131 

ISSUE-133 : Fix UPnP events subscription and unsubscription ; on [Network Service Discovery] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/133 

ISSUE-147 : Reference 'Requirements for Home Networking Scenarios' in Introduction ; on [Network Service Discovery] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/147 

ISSUE-148 : NetworkService.name definition in 8.2.2.4 incoherent with definition in 7.1 (a human-readable title for the service) ; on [Network Service Discovery]http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/148 

ISSUE-151 : USN should not be used as device identifier ; on [Network Service Discovery] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/151 

ISSUE-154 : Security approach ; on [Network Service Discovery] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/154 

Plan to publish updated WD?

Scheduled review with Privacy Interest Group (PING) (with Rich)  at next PING teleconference,  30 January 2014 9 am PT/noon ET, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-privacy/2013OctDec/0036.html

WebAppSec call to be scheduled for Network Service Discovery  http://www.w3.org/2011/webappsec/

5) Testing

Status update

6) Action Review

http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/open

ACTION-523: Anssi Kostiainen to Work on test cases for battery, vibration, and HTML Media Capture

ACTION-666: Giridhar Mandyam to Check with internal implementers whether vibration api is consistent with chip capabilities

ACTION-673: Anssi Kostiainen to Update vibration spec with note related o issue-149 and update status section to list changes since last cr publication

ACTION-674: Frederick Hirsch to Open cfc for lc publication of vibration once ACTION-673 completed

ACTION-675: Anssi Kostiainen to Send update on test status, pull requests on the dap public list

7)  Other Business

8) Adjourn

Meeting Details:

Zakim Bridge: +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, or +44.117.370.6152
Conference code: 3279 ("DAPW", or "EASY")
IRC channel: 
irc://irc.w3.org:6667/dap

Instructions on meetings : 
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/#meetings

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair, W3C DAP Working Group

Received on Wednesday, 15 January 2014 14:44:57 UTC