RE: Network Information API

From: SULLIVAN, BRYAN L <bs3131@att.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 05:25:49 +0000
To: "'Marcos Caceres'" <w3c@marcosc.com>, Mats Wichmann <m.wichmann@samsung.com>
CC: "public-device-apis@w3.org" <public-device-apis@w3.org>
(Marcos wrote)
> Then it’s composable with other APIs  - like battery status, to address Tobie’s use cases of being able to make smarter decisions about when to sync (FWIW, I think having better primitives that devs can work with would be better than deferring all this to the UA - at least initially till we see clear usage patterns):

<bryan> I agree, it would be preferable to have primitives rather than overload the UA with a potentially complex set of decisions on request timing. Javascript can provide the platform upon which we address 99% of the desired functionality, once we have some limited, but effective, primitives. I brought back the earlier discussion on deferring such decisions to the UA simply as one idea to overcome the roadblocks we had encountered so far - but only a fallback idea.