W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-device-apis@w3.org > January 2014

[admin] Agenda - Distributed Meeting 9 January 2014

From: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 15:41:22 +0000
To: <public-device-apis@w3.org>
CC: <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Message-ID: <BE23B787-8021-4BFA-98F2-B7E4B53A0F53@nokia.com>
Agenda  Device APIs Working Group  Distributed Meeting 9 January 2014

Meeting details at the bottom of this email.

1) Welcome, agenda review, scribe selection, announcements

proposed RESOLUTION: Cancel 23 January 2014 teleconference.

proposed RESOLUTION: Cancel 24 April 2014 teleconference.

2) Minutes approval

Approve minutes from12 December 2013  

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Dec/att-0027/minutes-2013-12-12.html

proposed RESOLUTION: Minutes from 12 December 2013 are approved

3) Shelving Notes

Drafts updated, publication request submitted. Planned publication date 14 January 2014

Links to drafts: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Jan/0009.html

4) Vibration

Issue status summary: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2014Jan/0005.html

Next step: Implement proposed resolution for ISSUE-149, new LC?

5) Ambient Light 

Do we have a resolution of question whether to merge light level event into LightEvent and rename, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Apr/0043.html ?

Update, new LC?

6) Network Information API

given wide ranging discussion of network information API close ISSUE-128?
 "Need more description on how bandwidth should be estimated" ; on [Network Information API] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/128 ?

Other updates?

7) Testing

Status update and plans?

8) Roadmap planning

Review of plans for DAP WG and specifications on home page

Note - Network Service Discovery overview (with Rich) for Privacy Interest Group (PING) scheduled at next PING teleconference,  30 January 2014 9 am PT/noon ET, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-privacy/2013OctDec/0036.html

WebAppSec call to be scheduled for Network Service Discovery  http://www.w3.org/2011/webappsec/

9) Issue review

ISSUE-128 : Need more description on how bandwidth should be estimated ; on [Network Information API] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/128 

ISSUE-130 : Enable variety of protocols (e.g. UPnP, Bonour) with protocol independent developer code ; on [Network Service Discovery]http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/130 

ISSUE-131 : Support UPnP device discovery by Device Type? ; on [Network Service Discovery] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/131 

ISSUE-133 : Fix UPnP events subscription and unsubscription ; on [Network Service Discovery] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/133 

ISSUE-147 : Reference 'Requirements for Home Networking Scenarios' in Introduction ; on [Network Service Discovery] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/147 

ISSUE-148 : NetworkService.name definition in 8.2.2.4 incoherent with definition in 7.1 (a human-readable title for the service) ; on [Network Service Discovery]http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/148 

ISSUE-149 : handling of long vibration list - truncate or no vibration at all ; on [Vibration API] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/149 

ISSUE-151 : USN should not be used as device identifier ; on [Network Service Discovery] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/151 

ISSUE-154 : Security approach ; on [Network Service Discovery] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/issues/154 

Reminder - Postponed issues are deferred until a subsequent v.next publication.

10) Action Review

http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/track/actions/open

ACTION-523: Anssi Kostiainen to Work on test cases for battery, vibration, and HTML Media Capture

ACTION-666: Giridhar Mandyam to Check with internal implementers whether vibration api is consistent with chip capabilities

Pending

ACTION-671: Anssi Kostiainen to Prepare shelved note publications after tpac http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-device-apis/2013Nov/0010.html

ACTION-672: Frederick Hirsch to Review status of vibration issues

11)  Other Business

12) Adjourn

Meeting Details:

Zakim Bridge: +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99, or +44.117.370.6152
Conference code: 3279 ("DAPW", or "EASY")
IRC channel: 
irc://irc.w3.org:6667/dap

Instructions on meetings : 
http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/#meetings

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Chair, W3C DAP Working Group
Received on Wednesday, 8 January 2014 15:45:08 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 19:33:03 UTC