Re: Battery Status API asynchronous amendment

Tim wrote:
> We are proposing a change to the current Battery Status API (http://www.w3.org/TR/battery-status/)
> such that it is completely asynchronous.
> This will allow for less constrained and more efficient current and future implementations.

> Mozilla who has the only browser currently shipping the Battery Status API

I think that depends on your definition of "browser". Perhaps you mean "Firefox is the only desktop browser currently shipping"?

https://developer.tizen.org/dev-guide/2.2.1/org.tizen.web.appprogramming/html/tutorials/w3c_tutorial/device_tutorial/detecting_battery_status.htm

Seems to indicate that Tizen shipped it.

A quick check shows that Safari 7 and IE11 don't have it, which is good…

> has indicated that they would be fine with such change. We are currently in the process of implementing this API in chrome as well.

Personally, I agree with making it async, but I'd like people to be much more careful about any absolute statements that they make.