regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia

On May 15, 2013, at 3:52 AM, ext Nilsson, Claes1 wrote:

Just a small editorial note. The name of the Task Force is “Web Intents Task Force”.

BR
  Claes

From: Greg Billock [mailto:gbillock@google.com]
Sent: den 14 maj 2013 18:53
To: Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com<mailto:Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>
Cc: SULLIVAN, BRYAN L; jsoref@blackberry.com<mailto:jsoref@blackberry.com>; Robin Berjon; public-device-apis@w3.org<mailto:public-device-apis@w3.org> public-device-apis@w3.org<mailto:public-device-apis@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Shelving Intents-based specs

Looks good to me. Shall I make this change and publish it, or is that something you need to do?

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 11:00 AM, <Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com<mailto:Frederick.Hirsch@nokia.com>> wrote:
Greg

I think we can handle the status of the Web Intents neatly by publishing as a WG WG Note ( as Art suggested in his response to the CfC).

In conjunction with publishing as a W3C WG Note, I would suggest adding the following text as part of the revision of the status section of the document:

"This document was produced by the Web Activities Task Force, a joint activity of the Device APIs Working Group (linked) and the Web Applications Working Group (linked). Members of these working groups have agreed  not to progress the Web Intents specification further as a Recommendation track document, electing to publish it as an informative Working Group Note. The Working Groups have not performed interop testing on the material in this document. Implementers are cautioned that this material is subject to change and that an alternative design may be pursued in the future."

This can be followed by a summary of changes since the last Working Draft publication (and redline)

I suggest we do this assuming there is support and no objection to this approach - comments are welcome ( CfC closes this Friday 17 May, so responses to CfC on list re publishing Web Intents as WG Note would be useful).

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch
Nokia